It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Don't Sweat It.. . . Not


This article was inspired by my workout today.  We did all lower body exercises with a 20 LB. weight vest on. Oh my.  It is a killer and every time I do it I sweat a ton.  As I removed my vest I noticed a distinct pattern on my top.  It was a heart.  I thought "How appropriate."  I love to sweat.  We all should "love" to sweat and there are many benefits to getting a little soggy when you train hard.
I asked my husband what shape he saw and he said "Mickey Mouse flexing."  For the sake of this article  look for the heart.
  • Sweat is like you body's air conditioning system.  It cools you down when you body gets overheated by exercise.
  • Sweating is very cleansing.  Because circulation is increased during exercise, many toxins and impurities may exit your body through your skin.
  • Sweating can help your skin.   When pores open up and it allows dirt and impurites to leave on the surface layers.
  • Effective exercising and sweat go hand in hand and those things can reduce stress.
  • Can also possibly help with your immune system.  As the body works hard it produces more white blood cells which in turn can help you keep from getting sick.
Don't worry about your hair or clothes.  Just get out there and sweat a little.












































































No comments:

Post a Comment