It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Yummy Spicey Meat Loaf

I just thought I would share a recipe given to me by my friend Ashli.  I made it this weekend and it is a great and healthy alternative to regular meatloaf.

1Tbsp Butter
2 C chopped onions
1 8 oz. package presliced mushrooms (I chopped them up)
3 Garlic cloves, chopped

Saute in skillet about 8 minutes.

3/4 C Panko
1/4 C low sodium Chicken broth
3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
1 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce
t Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 1/2-2 lbs ground turkey
1 large Egg, beaten

Combine ingredients above and pat into a pan

3/4 C Ketchup
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Bacon Mustard

Mix and pour over top of meat loaf.  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.  Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment