It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM) guidelines for Cardiovascular Exercise 2011


The last time guidelines were published was in 1998.  I will be posting the latest on Cardiovascular, Resistance Training and Flexibility.  Things have changed and all the changes are scientifically based.  As far as cardiovascular training is concerned, daily activity can help diminish the devastating affects of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, elevated blood pressure and cholesterol.   We need to just keep moving.  



Cardio is short for cardiovascular, which refers to the heart. Cardiovascular exercise is exercise that raises your heart rate and keeps it elevated for a period of time. Another name for it is aerobic exercise. The kinds of exercise that are associated with cardiovascular workouts are things like jogging, fast walking, and swimming, spinning, skating, sporting events, skipping, dancing, etc.  where there is continuous movement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment