It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Monday, November 14, 2011

ACSM Guidelines for Flexibility 2011

2011 ACSM Guidelines for Flexibility

Our schedules are so full that we are lucky to just get our workout in and stretching takes a back seat.  Flexibility is a major component of fitness, therefore, it is crucial that we make it a part of our daily routine.  As we age, stretching and recovery become even more important.  Please try and make sure you are able to pamper those muscles a little bit by stretching.

When you stretch, try and do active stretching before your workout and static (Hold) stretching at the end.  As you incorporate stretching make sure you allow your body and muscles to be warm so as to avoid even more stress to your muscles.  Stretching shouldn't create more strain or pain so do it gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment