It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Don't Let Winter Freeze Your Fitness Goals

When the weather outside is frightful and the fire is so delightful, don't forget your fitness goals.  It may take a little more effort but there are several things you can do to stay healthy.  No matter what the weather, (OK, avoid tornadoes, hurricanes, and 40 degrees below temperatures) you can find activities that can keep you moving.

Outside Fun
  • Skiing
  • Sledding ( Walking up and down hills, or pulling someone will get that heart rate up)
  • Building a Snow Cave
Thanks to my niece and nephews for this fun picture.

  • Walking in deep snow (Remember appropriate footwear)
  • Skating (Remember appropriate Padding)
  • Building a snowman.  
  • Snow Shoeing (Does take some practice but great fun)
Thanks to my sister, Landi, for the picture. I didn't
have time to ask for permission but I don't think she will mind.

Inside Fun
  • Join a gym
  • Walk the mall (I also include shopping)
  • Invest in some good fitness DVD's

  • Take the stairs whenever you can.
  • Join a recreation league
  • Have some basic exercise equipment at home in case you are stuck inside
Enjoy yourself no matter what the weather and remember to dress appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment