It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Be a Savvy Shopper


Trying to find healthy foods can be overwhelming.  Here are few hints that may help you.

  • Plan Ahead
  • Make a grocery list and stick to it.
  • Consult the MyPyramid guidelines for healthy food choices and also portions.http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
  • Shop the perimeter of the store.  That is usually where all the meats and produce are sold.
  • The less processed the better
  • If the foods you are buying have more than 5 ingredients, think twice.
  • Read Labels
  • Don't let sale pitches make your decisions.  
  • "Fat Free." or "Sugar Free." isn't always the best choice.
If all else fails. Use flow chart above.

No comments:

Post a Comment