Trying to find healthy foods can be overwhelming. Here are few hints that may help you.
- Plan Ahead
- Make a grocery list and stick to it.
- Consult the MyPyramid guidelines for healthy food choices and also portions.http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Shop the perimeter of the store. That is usually where all the meats and produce are sold.
- The less processed the better
- If the foods you are buying have more than 5 ingredients, think twice.
- Read Labels
- Don't let sale pitches make your decisions.
- "Fat Free." or "Sugar Free." isn't always the best choice.
If all else fails. Use flow chart above.