It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Do You Feel Lucky-Punk-Well Do Ya?


Say the title in a raspy voice and try and intimidate yourself into working out.   Did it work?  Probably not.  Scaring people into working out isn't usually effective and being lucky doesn't  help either.  What does work is you SCHEDULING in your exercise just like you would for any other event, or appointment during the day.  I can't live without my calendar and schedule book.  Every week I write in what I am doing for my work outs just like I would if I were scheduling in a client.  Our planners just keep getting more congested and overbooked.  If we don't prioritize for our fitness, even the best of intentions can get interrupted.  There are several environmental factors that influence whether or not a person adheres to their exercise program.  They are 1) Access to a facility, 2) Social Support, and 3)Time.  A lack of time is the most common excuse for not exercising and for dropping out of an exercise program.   People will always make time for the things that are important to them.  We should all make time to exercise.  You'll  feel better when you do.  You might even feel LUCKY.

No comments:

Post a Comment