It's About Time

If you have ever spent more that 5 minutes with me, it is fairly obvious that I love fitness. I have learned so much (sometimes the hard way) in the 30 years that I have been teaching. What better way to share my passion than to start a blog and pass on the information that I share with clients on a day-to-day basis.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Thai Quinoa Salad with Fresh Herbs and Lime Vinaigrette

Yum. Yum. Yum and so Yum.  Oh yes.  So healthy for you too.

Salad
1 C Quinoa, rinsed or prewashed
1/2 tsp salt
1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
1 carrot peeled and grated
1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/4 C freshly cholpped cilantro (optional)
2 Tbsp Fresh chopped mint or basil (optional)

Dressing
1/4 C freshly squeezed lim juice
2 1/2 tsp Asian fish sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil ( I used Canola)
2 Tbsp sugar (I use Stevia)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Instructions
1.  Cook Quinoa following directions on package.  Let cool
2.  Make dressing and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
3.  ONce the Quinoa is cook,  add vegetables and dressing.  Toss well, then taste and adjust seasoning with more.  Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  This salad keeps for days.  I doubled the recipe.

Make it and let me know what you think.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment