|Chevy loves the idea of roadtrip exercises.|
|Faces after completing Glute squeezes for the entire song of "We Will Rock You."|
Good music is a must. Find a good beat. These exercises can be done for time or until the song ends. Make it a friendly competition and see who can last the longest. (Drivers of the car must not be included in all of these exercises, specifically R Leg or arms)
- Leg Extensions-If you don't have the space to straighten out your leg no worries. Straighten out as far as you can or until you hit something (not a family member) and do an isometric hold.
- Abdominal contractions-Find a good beat and contract. Try and do it without changing your spine. Just tighten.
- Leg Abduction-Tie a shirt or something around your legs and then open outward and hold.
- Leg Adduction-(Inner Thighs) Think Suzanne Summers. Put something between your legs and squeeze away. (Drinks not recommended)
- Calf Raises-Put your heavy purse, books or whatever you have on your knees, lift your heels up and down. (Do not use children. Everyone needs to stay seat belted in for all exercises)
- Anterior Tibialis-Anterior whoobie whatie? The front part of your lower leg. Tuck your toes under the seat or dash in front of you and do isometric toes raises.
- Glute Squeezes-Contract away. Squeeze, Squeeze, Squeeze. Try not to smile too much.
- Shoulders-Over head Isometric Press-Push against the ceiling and hold. Remember not to shrug your shoulders.
- Shoulders-Posterior Isometric Press-Push your arms backward into your own seat and hold. Sit very tall please.
- Shoulders-Medial Isometric Press-Push arms out to side. Better not do this one. Tends to get people fighting.
These are just a few ideas. Send me things that have worked for you. I'm sure everyone would love to hear.